Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Moon


Those of you who have read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight will be very, very envious that I've gotten my hands on this advanced reading copy of New Moon, the sequel. And you should be, because it's just as enthralling as Twilight.
In Twilight, Bella Swan falls in love with Edward, a vampire with a conscience. As New Moon opens, Bella and Edward are as much in love as ever, yet Edward still refuses to "turn" Bella, to make her a vampire like him. But a mortal in love with a vampire is always in danger, and Edward must make a decision to to stay with the one he loves or leave her to keep her safe.

I don't want to say too much about the plot of this one because I don't want to give ANYTHING away. I will say, however, that this book got to me the same way Twilight did. I read it all in one sitting, and when it was over, I couldn't bring myself to read anything else for some time. I was too caught up in Bella and Edward's story - I wanted to savor it as long as I could. Sending this ARC along to the next reader will be very, very tough, because I know I"ll want to read it again before the book is released in September. And I can't bear to think that the next one won't be out until 2007...
Twilight topped my list of best books for 2005, and is actually in my top five favorite books of all time. New Moon is a worthy successor.
To help tide you over until New Moon is released, check out Stephenie Meyer's web site for outtakes from Twilight and the first chapter told from Edward's point of view. She also has a playlist for Twilight and a bunch of other goodies.

Meyer, Stephenie. New Moon. New York: Megan Tinley, 2006.

What I'm Reading: The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
On My Book Shelf: The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice & some Buffy books - it's a vampire extravaganza!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita Beaman said...

Annie,

The arc for New Moon doesn't belong to me, otherwise I'd be happy to. I got the one I read through the young adult arc sharing blog, yaarc.blogspot.com. There are six arcs of New Moon circulating through that site, and you can go on a request one of them as well as many, many othe arcs. Be sure the read the guidelines for sharing before you sign up, and be aware of how many people have signed up ahead of you - I'm not sure how long the lists are for New Moon. It's worth the wait, though.



Anita

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home