Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson


CSI fans will like Ferguson's forensic mystery, the story of a girl whose father is the local coroner. Cameryn knows she wants to study forensics, so she talks her dad into maker her his assistant - a great way to get some real experience. The job gets interesting in a hurry when a high profile murder is committed in their little town - a town that hasn't seen a murder in Cameryn's lifetime. Cameryn's new job puts her right in the middle of the investigation, much to the chagrin of the medical examiner and her grandmother.

There are enough twists & turns in The Christopher Killer to make it a good mystery, and the forensic details may appeal to those who aren't fans of typical mysteries. Less gory than CSI (maybe - depends on how good your imagination is) but definately more detailed than the average mystery, The Christopher Killer is the first in a new series that is recieving acclaim from authors & forensics experts both.
I couldn't put this one down until I was done, and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel, Angel of Death, which is already out. The mystery kept me guessing for most of the book, and I enjoyed the exploration of Cameryn's relationship with her family. The family dynamics are what will make me, and other readers, rush to pick up the next book.
What I'm Reading: The Audacity of Hope by Barrack Obama
On My Bookshelf: Beastly by Alex Flinn

1 Comments:

Blogger alexgirl said...

That looks great. Thanks for the recommendation. I love CSI for the forensic aspect, and this should be a fun read.
Hope you've had a fun weekend!
-A

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home