Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Wright 3


Check out my comments on Chasing Vermeer for my general thoughts on these stories. The Wright 3 is a sequel to Chasing Vermeer, and I think I liked it even better. This story is also an "art" mystery, although in this case the work of art in question is the Robie House, a home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright located in Hyde Part, the neighborhood where the characters live. The book contains some great info on FLW and his work (it inspired me to go track down a couple of books on his work & the Prairie style of architecture) as well as the codes, puzzles and mysteries employed in the first book. I'm looking forward to more books from Blue Balliett.

Balliett, Blue. The Wright 3. New York: Scholastic, 2006.

What I'm Reading: Dracula
On My Bookshelf: Still the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home