Monday, February 06, 2006


Jack Grammar would never try to fondle your butt while dancing.
Jack Grammar is a gentleman, owns his own tux, and has superb taste in corsages.
Jack Grammar is looking for a prom date.
Could it be you?
E-mail
MyNewPromDate@yahooo.com

Jack Grammar really wants to go to prom, but, when he finally works up the courage to ask his long-time crush, is turned down flat. With only a week left until the big night, Jack's two best friends take matters into their own hands, posting a personal add in the school's paper to find shy Jack a date.
Jack is angry, embarrassed - then astounded. The responses pour in, and soon Jack is working his way through The List - 24 applicants chosen by his friends whom he must meet in the next seven days before choosing his date. 25, if you count the wild card granted by his friends - one girl of Jack's choosing that isn't on the list.
Jack is the kind of guy you wish you'd dated in high school - smart, sincere, funny and honest. Shy, of course - which might be why you never noticed him. But Jack is center stage the week before Prom; everyone is talking about The List - who's on, who's off, and who's going to make the final cut. A fun, clean read with some laugh-out-loud lines ('"I don't understand your breasts," I said. This was not the kind of sentence I thought I would ever say in my life.'), 24 Girls in 7 Days by Alex Bradley is a must read for the Valentine season.

What I'm Reading: A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
On My Nightstand: Inexcusable by Chris Lynch; Rewind by Jan Page (in honor of the Grammy Awards this week), Avalon High by Meg Cabot (just returned by a student - if I want to read it, I need to do it fast!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home